Tuesday 20 October 2020

Nine years running

 It's struck me that I've been running for nine years - and, boy, are my legs tired! Ba-dum.



I started running some time after my fortieth birthday, in the summer I think. As I turn fifty next March, I've decided to aim to run a 50k+ at some point that year to mark the occasion. The furthest I've ever run is a marathon - so 42.2 km - and that was the York marathon five years ago (five years today, in fact, as my Facebook memory reminds me).



I do run a half marathon just about every month, so with steady training it shouldn't be too much of a stretch. Events are always something to aim for so I may see if I can find an Ultra near me that isn't going to be too beyond my abilities.



Any advice for an event, or ramping up to that distance, will be gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment